Aadhaar is the largest biometric identification system in the world, where individuals are provided with a unique 12-digit number which is linked to their biometrics. It would not be an exaggeration to say that in future Aadhaar would become mandatory for availing the benefits of government schemes. Aadhar card serves as proof of address and identity as well.
It is therefore essential that all your details and information in the Aadhaar card are accurate. Otherwise, you might not be able to receive the benefits of government schemes. If there have been any changes in your information or biometrics, you must go for an Aadhar Card Update immediately.
Aadhar Update or Correction Details
Steps to Update Aadhaar Card by Visiting Enrolment Centre
- Fill the Aadhaar correction form i.e. https://uidai.gov.in/images/aadhaar_enrolment_correction_form_version_2.1.pdf
- Make sure you enter that information which is correct and not the one that is mentioned in your Aadhaar.
- Get self-attested copies of proofs validating your update request.
- Submit the form along with documents.
- You need to pay a charge of Rs. 25 for every such visit to the Enrolment Centre for update or correction.
- You can get all your details including your biometric data, image, mobile number, etc. updated at the enrolment centre.
- Aadhaar Card mobile number change or update can also be done at the enrolment centre.
How to Update Aadhar Card Details Online
- Visit the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal and click on “Update your Address Online”
- If you have valid address proof, click on “Proceed to Update Address”
- In the new window, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and click on “Send OTP” or “Enter a OTP”
- An OTP will be sent to the mobile number registered in UIDAI’s database.
- Enter this OTP to login to your Aadhaar account. Alternately, you can use the TOTP feature to authenticate
- Select either the “Update Address by Address Proof” option or the “Update Address vis Secret Code” option
- Enter your residential address mentioned in the Proof of Address (PoA) and click on the “Preview” button
- In case you want to modify your address, click the “Modify” option else tick the declaration and click on the “Submit” button
- Select the document type you want to submit as PoA for verification and upload the scanned copy of the address proof and click on the “Submit” button
- Your Aadhaar update request will be accepted and a 14-digit URN will be generated
What Details can be Changed in the Aadhar Card Online?
As per the latest developments, you can only get your address changed in your Aadhaar card Using the online SSUP portal https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/login.html. In case, you want to update the following details, you have to visit an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre:
- Name of the applicant
- Date of Birth
- Mobile number
- Email ID