GST is a product of the biggest tax reform in India that has tremendously improved the ease of doing business and also increased the taxpayer base in India. In the GST Regime, businesses whose turnover exceeds Rs. 40 lakhs* (Rs 10 lakhs for NE and hill states) is required to register as a normal taxable person. This process of registration is called GST registration.
For certain businesses, registration under GST is mandatory. If the organization carries on business without registering under GST, it will be an offence under GST and heavy penalties will apply.
After obtaining GST registration, if there are changes to be made to the information furnished at the time of registration, then a GST registration amendment application can be filed. In case of changes to GST registration information, the GST amendment application must be made by the applicant within 15 days of change in any information.
- Change in Business Name
- Change in Principal Place of Business
- Change / Addition of Additional Place of Business
- Change / Addition of Directors or Authorised Person
- Change in Contact Details of Authorised Signatory
- Change in GST Taxpayer Type ( Regular to Composition Or Vice Versa )
Modification not Permitted
- Change in Pan
Documents for Modifications
- GSTIN Login Credentials
- GSTIN Certificate
- Documentary proof of changes required